This policy is in line with the new General Data Protection Act which comes into force on May 25th 2018.
What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
Your personal data means any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally. We only collect the personal data we need.
This includes the information you give us when interacting with us and may include name, company name, address, phone numbers and email address.
Personal information is collected:
- When you contacted us by telephone, email, at an exhibition or by post.
- When you completed our online contact forms.
- When you signed up to one of our email updates.
How we will use information about you
We use the personal data you provide us to provide you with information or quotations for our services; to keep you informed of about our range of services and news updates regarding the type of projects we are involved in.
We shall share your data with third parties who are performing services on our behalf and personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following when necessary: Third party emailing service, printers, programmers and website server companies.
At no time will we sell your details to third parties.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law. This states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purpose.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely.
How we secure your data
Data security is imperative to us to ensure that we are keeping our contacts safe.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect the security of your information and to prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
All our third party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
By utilising strong encryption when our information is stored or in transit, we minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
We will only use and store your information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your rights in connection with personal information
- Request Access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request Correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request Erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose/purposes to which you originally agreed.
Catalyst Design Partnership & Catalyst Video Services
The Old Chapel
T +44(0)1832 293 175